(856)-857-1430 kolgranite@yahoo.com

Whether it’s an indoor or outdoor kitchen, a bathroom, a laundry room, or any other space, if you’re renovating or starting from scratch, you want to be sure that you choose a durable, yet attractive material for your countertop that will last a long time. While there are several types of materials that can be used for countertops, two of the most common options include quartz and marble. Which should you choose? Here’s a brief overview of each type of countertop material.

Quartz Countertops

Quartz Countertops are a relatively new surface covering material that came onto the scene not too long ago. While quartz is a naturally-occurring material, countertops that are made of quartz aren’t completely natural; in fact, only a small percentage is authentic quartz. About 90 percent of the material volume Is made up of waste granite, marble, natural stone, or recycled industrial materials, like glass, silica, ceramic, or even mirrors. The remaining 10 percent is comprised of a binder that’s polymeric or cement-based. Quartz countertops are exceptionally durable, stain- and heat-resistant, and come in a wide assortment of colors and patterns.

Marble Countertops

Marble Countertops are a natural metamorphic rock. It has long been used as a building material, thanks to its durability and exceptional beauty. Marble countertops are available in a wide assortment of colors and feature natural vein-like designs that add to the beauty and the uniqueness of the material. While marble has been used as a countertop material for a long time, there are a few downsides. It requires a lot of maintenance and can become stained or chipped if it isn’t sealed on a regular basis.