If you’re looking to upgrade or remodel your kitchen space, it can be difficult to figure out what to do with your old countertops. The good news is that you don’t have to just throw them in the trash — there are plenty of ways to resell your used countertops and make some cash off of them.
Here are a few tips on how to do it successfully!
- Clean Up Your Countertop: Make sure your countertop looks as good as new by giving it a thorough cleaning. Remove any dirt or dust that may have built up over time and make sure to use a gentle cleaner so you don’t damage the surface.
- Take High-Quality Photos: If you want to get the best price for your countertop, make sure to take some high-quality photos that really show off how great the countertop looks. Use natural lighting and take pictures from different angles to give potential buyers a better idea of what they’re getting.
- Price It Right: Take some time to research how much similar countertops are selling for so you can price yours accordingly. Remember, you don’t have to go too low in order to make a sale – slight markups are acceptable if your countertop is in great condition.
- Advertise It: Spread the word about your used countertop by posting it online or creating flyers and distributing them around town. You could also reach out to local contractors or builders who might be on the lookout for used countertops.
- Take them to a fabricator: You should definitely consider giving them to a fabricator if you simply want to get rid of your old countertops. These services can reuse and repurpose your countertops to create new ones.
You can also donate them to a charity or organization that will find a good use for the material. It would be a bigger waste to just throw your countertops away and have them end up in landfills if it’s possible for them to be recycled and utilized in other ways.
Making a few extra bucks from reselling your old countertop is an easy way to help fund your next kitchen project. Just follow these tips and you’ll be sure to get the best price possible! Good luck!